Monday, January 30, 2012

My Daughter...The Diva...


We went to the Science Center of Iowa on Saturday morning and mean Mommy made her sit with her friend Jaylee on the fake camel to take a picture. She was not. Happy. At. All. Mommy definitely got the stink eye!

But don't get me wrong: I love the age Emmalynn is at now. She is getting so much more personality and is discovering so much. Along with that personality comes her "diva-ness." Yes, that's right -- "diva-ness." Here are some things she has said recently that makes me realize that even at 15 months, I have my hands full...

Me - "Emmalynn, you come here and give that back to me."
Emmalynn - "YOU come here."

Me: "Emmalynn, are you done eating? Use your words. Are you done? Say 'yes' or 'no'."
Emmalynn: **stares me down** "Mmm-hmm." (And yes, her mouth stayed closed)

Emmalynn is talking in the back seat and I think she is asking a question, so I turn the music down and ask...
Me: "What, pumpkin? What did you say?"
Emmalynn: "Nothin'."

This is just a SMALL taste of my child's sassy-ness.

But then she does cute things...like blowing me kisses when I pick her up from daycare. Or when I ask her to blow my sister kisses, she leans in and gives me a kiss. It makes all the sassy-ness worth it, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment