Sunday, February 26, 2012

My 16 Month Old Slept Like A Newborn Last Night

Sound familiar? I've read several things about how babies can change and revert back to waking up several times during the night once they hit one year old...and even researched it when Emmalynn started to do it. But it's a whole other ball game than I thought. I honestly still feel like this is my karmic payback for her sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old.

Last night, she went to bed around 8:30 and then woke up at 12:45, 2:45, 3:30, 5:30 and then for good at 7:15. I'm so tired I can barely see straight. I get the "this is motherhood" thing. But at least when she was a newborn she was consistent. She woke up every few hours and I knew she would. Now I expect her to sleep through the night...so when she does 90% of the time and doesn't the rest...THAT is the hard part.

I know I'm not the only one experiencing this or who has experienced it. So this is a small, tired Mama vent. Feel free to vent as well if you are in the same boat as me!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Lily woke up at 3:30 and I didn't go back to bed until 5:30. Ro has her now and I could sleep but I can't. I feel your pain!!

    ReplyDelete